If you feel like all the data from your Wi-Fi is being soaked while you didn’t even use it that much, one of the reasons for it could be a trespasser sucking it up without your permission. Intruders could have remained camouflaged in the past but now the things have changed pretty much. Here’s a complete guide to diagnose the problem and kick off those who are chomping your data limit without your permission.
Check Who Is Stealing Your Data
- To start off, connect any of your android devices to the network you want to check.
- Download Fing app by clicking this link.
- Now open the app and you will see the name of your network on the home screen.
- Tap the Refresh option to see all the devices connected to your Wi-Fi network.
- After a few minutes, you will see a list of devices and you’ll also be able to know whether it’s a smartphone or a PC.
- To interact with any of the devices like Wake on LAN signals or sending pings, tap on it.
Block The Intruders
- To block any of the unknown devices from the list, simply copy the MAC address of that device (Fing app shows the MAC address which consists of numbers and letters).
- Open the browser on the PC which is connected to the router through a LAN wire and enter your router IP in the address bar to log in to your account.
- Now look for the Security option and click MAC Filtering, then Add Device.
- Now paste the MAC address that you copied previously through the Fing app and click Save.
- As an added security measure, also change the Wi-Fi password and you are good to go