Whatsapp received a huge amount of criticism after a recent update which allowed you to add stories to your account instead of the old status option. Despite being updating their app for no good reason, Whatsapp surely has a list of cool new features, out of which, one is converting your videos up to 6 seconds long into GIFs.
GIFs are taking over the social media as no one really has the time to play long long videos. You can simply play a GIF video without the need of plugging in your earphones and enjoy. Any video captured from your phone can be trimmed into a core part of 6 seconds from any place of your choice and then converted into a GIF through this feature.
- Shoot a short video if you don’t have one already in your gallery.
- Open the chat of the person you want to send a GIF and attach the previously shot video in the conversation.
- A camcorder icon appears on the top right corner. Tap it and it will show the GIF icon.
- Now edit the video after you trim a six second part from it. (Trimming option is in-built).
- Once you have completed this process, follow the on screen instructions which provide you the options such as adding text to your GIF.
- Now your GIF is ready to be sent. Just press the green sending button and you are done!