Husband made bookshelves for his wife, bookshelf desk is the perfect to consider. IKEA also offers many differents pieces of furniture at reasonable prices. They provide the smart storage things that can save the space and you can also save the money.
The handymen and women have been coming with awesome ideas. Vikkie Williams also shared some of the pictures on her blog. how she and her husband used three small bookshelves. They did only in $112.
1. If you’re interested in making this desk, get out a notebook because I’m about to tell you all the steps you need to know to make that happen.
2. The Materials they used are as follows. This is the detailed measurements provided by Williams
3. They used a drill and drill bits, tape measure, a caulk gun, a square, a hammer, and a table saw.
4. forget to wear proper safety protection such as goggles and gloves when you’re working.
5. The first thing they did was place the cubicles where they liked them based on the size of the desk they were aiming for.
6. Starting with the main desk, they drilled two holes in both sides of the 9 shelf cubicles about three inches apart.
7. Then they added more 1×4 boards to go across the center of the desk to create more stability and prevent future sagging.
8. Moving on to the side desk, they drilled 2 holes into the side of a 6 shelf cubicle in the same way as the first.
9. Next it was time to move on to the surface of the desk. They took measurements of everything once it was framed.
10. Using their caulk gun and liquid nails, they attached the separate surface pieces to the framing.
11. When you’re attaching the side desk surface, add some glue where the two desks meet up in order to attach both pieces together.
12. Finishing up, they used sandpaper to smooth any rough edges around areas that were cut or to remove imperfections.
13. Next they sealed the finishing nail holes with Dap’s Kwik Seal Caulk and then gave it a paint job. Williams said it took about 2 coats with 30 minutes in between each.
14. Williams also added an extra bookshelf underneath the desk for additional storage. It’s not attached to anything but it’s size functions as extra stability.
15. She also recommended collapsible fabric drawers that would work perfectly in the cubby holes.
16. And the desk is done. Sizing can be adjusted if you want to try out this project for yourself.